Tonight I made fried rice for my hubby and I. It’s one of my favourite quick meals. It is a really basic recipe that you can customize for your family’s taste. Tonight I basically just opened the fridge and fried up what it gloriously offered. The fried rice I made tonight had carrots, peas, corn and eggs. Normally I also like to add bean sprouts but sadly they had gone all bad and slimey (sadness). I don’t measure much when I cook but I tried for this one..ish.
The Kitchen tools I used for this recipe are as follows:
- kitchen knife
- cutting board
- frying pan with high sides
- wooden spoon
If you have one I would recommend using a wok unfortunately I don’t have one
The recipe is as follows, I hope you enjoy. Let me know of any variations you make and how they turn out. I wish I had added celery, bean sprouts and chicken but I didn’t have them on hand unfortunately
Leftover rice (2-4 cup)
1/2 cup soy sauce
3-4 tsp rice vinegar
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/3-1/2 cup minced onions
1/2 cup minced carrots
3/4 cup peas (frozen,fresh or canned)
3/4 cup corn (frozen, fresh or canned)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
- Saute onions and garlic in about a tbsp of olive oil in a medium-low heat
- When the onions get soft add the cubed/minced carrots.
- Beat eggs and add salt and pepper to taste and add to the hot pan.
- Once the eggs have begun to form turn up the heat and add the leftover rice.
- Add 1/2 cup of soy sauce and 3 tsps of rice vinegar. If you have some add 1-2 tsps of sesame oil. (I didn’t have any tonight unfortunately).
- Continue to fry the rice until the desired texture is reached.