So I was scrolling through facebook and I found this video (see here). I was so inspired by the video… and drooling that I made these “Hasselback Baked Apples”. I followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious!!! The only adaption I made was making a caramel sauce (super easy and not really homemade).This is an amazing dessert that makes you feel warm all over and satisfied and really really happy.
- 2 apples
- Cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (divided)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter (divided)
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon (divided)
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp flour
- 1/4 salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel the apples and core. Cut into apples (not all the way down) to create slits.
- Place apple halves flat side down on 8×8 baking dish coated with cooking spray
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; brush mixture evenly over apple.
- Cover baking dish with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, remaining 1½ tablespoons butter, remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, oats, flour, and salt.
- Carefully open the slices wider for filling to fit into the crevices.
- Spoon oat mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for 10 minutes, after the 10 minutes turn the broiler on and cook for another 10 minutes.