This weekend I went on a long road trip with my husband to celebrate Father’s Day with my in-laws. My husband drove us from Vancouver to Calgary. It was a long but beautiful 10 hour drive.
We had an early morning ahead of us so I decided to put together some overnight cinnamon buns. This recipe has been a classic in my family and is really easy to put together. Please note that I halved the recipe when I made it so the pictures shown are for a half batch 🙂
The most exciting part about this recipe is how much the buns explode in size. If you have kids I am sure they will be amazed. I know I do and I’m 21… These cinnamon buns are like monkey bread and are fun to pull apart.
- 2o unbaked and frozen dinner rolls
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Grease a large casserole dish or a bundt pan.
- Put the frozen dinner rolls in your baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and pudding mix. Now pour the melted butter over the buns.
- Cover the buns with a damp clean towel and allow to rise overnight.
- When you wake up and are starting to get hungry preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover the cinnamon buns and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Once baked turn over onto large dish and dig in 🙂