This is one of our favourite recipes! We usually serve this dish with carrots or broccoli, but tonight we got a bit lazy to be honest…We just got back from a 10 hour drive so I think that is a good enough excuse, don’t you?
We serve this yummy chicken over a bed of soft white rice and it is so delicious. This recipe is from Jo Cooks and you can find the link to the original recipe here. This is a healthy-ish version of a take-out favourite and I hope you enjoy. It is a bit of work because you have to bread the chicken with panko and bake the chicken, but it is well worth the effort.
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cut up chicken breasts into small pieces. Pour panko onto a plate and pour beated eggs that have been seasoned with salt and pepper into a rimmed plate or pie dish. Dunk the chicken in the egg mixture and then into the panko crumbs.If the piece is evenly coated place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake chicken for about 20 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- While the chicken is in the oven put all the sauce ingredients in a small pot and bring to boil over medium heat. Turn down the heat and continue to cook for a couple more minutes.
- Pour sauce over cooked chicken and toss together until the pieces are coated evenly.