My hubby and I get up early every morning (except the weekend). We get up at 6am and have 45 minutes to get out the door. In those 45 minutes there is a lot that needs to get done. For example lunches need to made, showers need to be done, outfits need to be chosen and of course bellies need to be filled. Breakfast is one of my favourite meals of the day, but I like hot breakfasts. I hate toast and cereal and oatmeal. This recipe is one of my own. It is really easy and quick for something different and really yummy in the morning. You can totally personalize this by adding your own favourite breakfast meats, salsa, guacamole, different cheeses, vegetables and much more. The breakfast croissants I make our very simple: egg, cheese and meat. I love ham with mine because it is a touch of sweetness to go along with all the other flavours, but you can use other meats like bacon or sausage.
- croissants (1 per sandwich)
- eggs (1 per sandwich)
- cheddar cheese sliced (as much as you want)
- Prepare eggs as desired. I prefer frying my eggs and making sure they have a soft yolk so that I can wipe up all that yellow goodness with the ends of my croissant. You could also use scrambled eggs too (or egg whites for a leaner option).
- Prepare meat: cook bacon, sausage, ham
- Cut cheese slices
- Cut croissant in half and heat in microwave for 10 seconds
- Put egg, cheese and meat into the croissant.