Last night my hubby and I had a “make your own salad bar” at home. We prepped some toppings and got creative and then we got eating 🙂 My hubby made a Chicken Caesar Salad, but it has a twist. I made some homemade bacon bits and I toasted some pecans and he decided to add these to his salad. He also added some garlic parmesan tortilla chips (link here), crispy chicken and diced cucumbers. He munched on this salad like no tomorrow. It is a filling salad so it makes a perfect meal.
My hubby is the one in our home that cuts up and deals with raw meat. He trims it all nice and pretty and gets it ready for me. He is the greatest helper in the kitchen. Am I the only one who gets squeamish when it comes to raw meat?
- 2 chicken breasts
- panko breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- washed and cut lettuce
- toasted pecans
- bacon bits
- garlic parmesan tortilla chips
- Caesar salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Trim chicken breasts and cut into small pieces about the size of a smaller chicken nugget.
- Mix up 2 eggs and dash with salt and pepper. Put the egg mixture onto a plate with high enough ridges to keep it from going over the edge, or you could use a pie plate. Put about 1 1/2 cups of panko onto a plate and sprinkle with about 1 tsp or 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder. Mix to encorporate.
- Evenly coat the chicken with egg and then place onto the panko plate and evenly coat with the panko crumbs. Place on greased baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Wash and cut up some lettuce. Pat dry and scoop into your bowl.
- Add any other vegetables you wish (my hubby added cucumbers)
- Top with your favourite toppings and your protein.
- Drizzle your favourite dressing on top