Fall is my favourite time of year. I love all the flavors and rainy weather. I love getting cozy in sweaters and drinking gallons of tea. The leaves have started to fall and the air is crisp. I get to now wear my coat and fluffy scarf. I’ve been binge watching Downton Abbey so I couldn’t be more emotional.
I was inspired by a recipe I found on Tastemade that luckily popped up on my Facebook page! I made this salad as a side for a dinner. This is a delicious seasonal dish! I really enjoyed the salad. It was a great balance between sweet and a bit of tang. I didn’t have any spinach, so I used some green lettuce.
I followed the recipe exactly. You can find the recipe here. This could easily be made into a full dinner salad with some grilled chicken or steak. Instead of using granny smith apples I used some fresh Spartan apples I had gotten from a market.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- grilled chicken (if preferred)
- 1 apple sliced
- red onion thinly sliced
- toasted pecans
- salad green of your choice
- Toast pecans and set aside.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients.
- Thinly slice apple and red onion to top your salad.
- Toss salad with pecans and as much dressing as you prefer.