This recipe has quickly become an easy favourite of my husband and I. This recipe comes from my dear friend Marla over at Sights Bits and Bites. We worked together a year ago and I miss it very much. I miss our chats most of all (love you Marla!).
This recipe is delicious served over a bed of rice (especially white rice). I’ve been using brown rice recently because I know its healthier, but not nearly as delicious. I also like to serve this with steamed carrots or broccoli. I also love to make rice pudding with the leftover rice. It is one of my favourite fall recipes, and you can find it here.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 green onions sliced
- cooked peas
- cooked rice
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook garlic for a few minutes. Add the ground beef. Once cooked drain all the excess fat.
- Combine beef with the sauce and green onions. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve beef over bed of rice and green peas.