It has been a little chilly recently. I’ve been wearing my cozy sweaters and making just as cozy recipes. This recipe is yummy and full of vegetables. You can choose whatever vegetables you want for this soup. I made this recipe with some fresh bread. I packed this soup with carrots, potatoes, broccoli and corn and it was delicious.
Soup isn’t my favourite meal, so I have been experimenting with a couple different recipes. This recipe makes a large amount, so my husband and I freeze at least half of the recipe.
I found this recipe here on Butter with a Side of Bread.
- 5 cups chopped vegetables (I used carrots, potatoes, broccoli, celery and corn)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock (you can use vegetable stock to make it vegetarian)
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp sage
- dash of all seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup of parmesan
- Melt butter in a large pot. Add onions, garlic, vegetables and half of the chicken stock. Cover and let cook until the vegetables are tender. This should take from 10-12 minutes.
- Add flour, milk, remaining chicken stock, seasonings, salt and pepper. Simmer soup for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top right before serving.