This is the first treat I’ve made this season. These snowball cookies are a new recipe for me. I found the recipe here on Cooking Classy. I tried these cookies because it has chopped pecans. I’m considering starting a business for baking to be sold at Christmas Craft Fairs. I’ve been exploring different treats and sweets. I love craft fairs. I started going to them last holiday season with my mom, and have since been inspired. I moved to another city and am having to find some new craft fairs of high quality. These cookies were very quick to make and delicious. The ingredients were all things I had on hand which was very convenient. These cookies are great with a cup of tea, or cup of coffee or milk. I love sipping at cups of orange pekoe tea. These cookies melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter with powdered sugar and salt. Once creamed together add vanilla. Sprinkle cornstarch over cookie dough and mix together. Slowly add in flour. Once combined add pecans.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon dough in one tablespoon increments. Roll dough into balls and bake for 13 minutes. My husband and I prepared a more moist cookie texture. If you prefer a dryer texture bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Take cookies out of the oven and allow to cool so that you can touch them. Roll the cookies in powdered sugar. Once rolled in sugar allow to cool completely. Once cooled roll the cookies in more powdered sugar until sufficiently “snowy”.
- Store in an airtight container.
- ENJOY 🙂