I’ve been feeling under the weather for the last couple days and on Friday night my wonderful hubby made us some crepes. This is my favourite crepe recipe that I found at Chef in Training. I followed the recipe exactly except that I added 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. I was inspired by my favourite thing to order from De Dutch. I order the classic Pannekoek. I get ham baked in with 2 poached eggs, cheddar cheese and tomatoes. I used these same fillings for my delicious crepe for dinner.
What I love about crepes is that they are so versatile. You can have them for dinner and then an hour later you can eat one for dessert. I also love that crepes remind me of Paris, the place I dream about visiting. I can’t wait until the day I can have a crepe on a small French street.
In case you are stuck here are some ideas for fillings:
- Strawberries (or any kind of fruit ) with nutella or peanut butter
- butter, lemon juice and sugar
- brown sugar and cinnamon and butter
- ham, cheese and egg
- and anything else you can think of
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whatever you like 🙂
- I used my blender to combine flour, eggs, milk, water. Once combined add salt, butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick spray or some butter.
- Pour batter into the skillet and swirl around the skillet until a thin layer covers all of the skillet.
- Once some bubbles form on the crepe and flip over with your finger tips or a spatula.
- ENJOY 🙂