Christmas recipe number 2 is ready and I’m excited to share it. I’m not a huge fan of eggnog. My husband is and my mom is, but I never was, but that hasn’t stopped me from loving these soft eggnog cookies. These cookies come together really easily and are perfect with a cup of tea. These are particularly easy if you have a cookie scoop. I don’t have one so my cookies ended up not being uniform, which just gives them more character right?
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- nutmeg for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar using stand mixture until a grainy paste forms.
- Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks until smooth
- Once combined add the flour slowly. Mix until JUST combined.
- Onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet spoon out the cookie dough using a tsp cookie scoop.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes and transfer to wire rack right away.