Sometimes you just need a chocolate fix am I right? I was having a long day and so was my husband, and so I decided to make a pick me up quick chocolate cake. My husband and I both love chocolate and so I pulled out one of our favourite recipes which you can find by following this link: Molten Lava Chocolate Cake. I wanted to do something a little different so I added a delicious white chocolate center.
- ½ cup butter
- 220g semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 4 white chocolate lindt chocolate balls
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Brush 4 ramekins with melted butter.
- Get a pot of water slowly boiling and turn down the heat to a simmer. Use a heatproof dish to melt the butter and chocolate over the pot. Continuously stir to prevent burning. Stir until smooth and butter and chocolate are completely melted.
- Stir in the powdered sugar.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time. Combine until smooth and well incorporated.
- Stir in flour until well blended, do not over mix.
- Put one spoonful of the batter at the bottom of each ramekin, spread evenly. Place a white chocolate ball in the middle of the ramekin. Divide the remaining batter between the four ramekins.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes. Until the sides are set and the top bounces back a bit after being touched.
- Let the cakes rest, you can keep the cakes in their dishes or transfer them to a serving dish.
- To finish, dust with powder sugar.