Peanut Butter Balls are my absolute favourite Christmas treat! My mom would only make them for Christmas despite how much I begged to have them all year round. She insisted having them at Christmas time made them special, and now that I’m old and wise I must agree 🙂 These treats are one of the easiest things to make. You can make the peanut butter balls in advanced and dip them in chocolate later. I recommend storing in the freezer. When you want to serve them take them out around 10-15 minutes before. These are rich treats and you only need one or two to satisfy your sweet tooth. My mom shared this recipe when I moved out, and now I cherish it.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup Christmas rice Krispies
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Mix together the peanut butter, icing sugar and rice krispies in a bowl.
- Cover and cool in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and roll into tbsp sized balls.
- At this point I like to put the peanut butter balls back into the fridge to get cool again.
- While the peanut butter balls are in the fridge, melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Allow the chocolate to cool slightly so it won’t melt the chilled peanut butter.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate. I recommend using 2 forks so the extra chocolate can drip back into the bowl.
- Place chocolate covered peanut butter balls onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chocolate covered peanut butter balls with Christmas sprinkles.
- Chill in freezer until chocolate sets. Once the chocolate sets packaged chocolate peanut butter balls into freezer bags or freezer containers.