I was inspired to try out this delicious and easy recipe. This recipe is from here. S’mores are one of my favourite desserts. They are simple and come in all shapes, sizes and flavours. These s’more bars are simple and delicious. They remind me of summers spent camping and sitting around the campfire, roasting marshmallows. All my clothes would smell like campfire smoke and my marshmallows would catch on fire more often than they wouldn’t. I would eat my s’more and sip at my hot chocolate.
My husband and I have quite the pair of sweet tooths. My husband was working hard one night on multiple homework assignments, and I decided to take care of him in one of the best ways I know how. I surprised him by making these s’more bars, and he was more than pleased.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 24 graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup of whipping cream
- 9 oz of chocolate (I did a miss of semi-sweet and milk chocolate)
- 2 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Blend graham crackers in a food processor and add melted butter.
- Press crumbs into tart pan or other baking dish. I used a 9×9 baking dish. Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes to allow it to set.
- Put cream in small saucepan and simmer. Pour over chocolate and allow it to sit for at least one minute. Whisk chocolate until smooth. Pour chocolate into crust and allow it to set in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- To make marshmallow topping combine egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and salt in a heat-proof bowl. Put over a water bath and whisk constantly for 5 minutes over heat.
- Remove from heat and put the marshmallow topping into a separate bowl, add vanilla and whisk until stiff peak forms.
- Spread evenly over chocolate filling.
- Serve immediately and if you have leftovers store it in the fridge.
- ENJOY 🙂